Hamilton is a professionally filmed recording of Hamilton released on Disney+, shot in June 2016 over 3 days at the Richard Rodgers Theater and featuring a majority of the original Broadway cast, minus Betsy Struxness and Emmy Raver-Lampman. It was released on Disney+ on July 3, 2020, though it was originally scheduled for a theatrical release on October 15, 2021. The release date was set forward by 15 months due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
An official trailer for the film was released on June 21, 2020. Teaser clips of the show's opening number as well as "The Room Where It Happens" were released on June 24 and 27 respectively. A second trailer was released on June 28, 2020.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda as Alexander Hamilton
- Leslie Odom, Jr. as Aaron Burr
- Phillipa Soo as Elizabeth Schuyler Hamilton
- Renée Elise Goldsberry as Angelica Schuyler
- Christopher Jackson as George Washington
- Daveed Diggs as Marquis de Lafayette / Thomas Jefferson
- Okieriete Onaodowan as Hercules Mulligan / James Madison
- Anthony Ramos as John Laurens / Philip Hamilton
- Jasmine Cephas Jones as Peggy Schuyler / Maria Reynolds
- Jonathan Groff as King George III
- Carleigh Bettiol as Ensemble
- Ariana DeBose as Ensemble
- Hope Easterbrook as Ensemble
- Sydney Harcourt as Philip Schuyler, James Reynolds, Doctor and Ensemble
- Sasha Hutchings as Ensemble
- Thayne Jasperson as Samuel Seabury and Ensemble
- Elizabeth Judd as Ensemble
- Jon Rua as Charles Lee and Ensemble
- Austin Smith as Ensemble
- Seth Stewart as Ensemble
- Ephraim Sykes as George Eacker and Ensemble
Understudies, Standbys and Swings (not featured in film) Edit
- Voltaire Wade-Greene as Swing and C-Dance Captain
- Morgan Marcell as Swing and Co-Dance Captain
- Andrew Chappelle as Swing and Understudy
- Neil Haskell as Swing
- Daniel J. Watts as Swing
- Kamille Upshaw as Swing
- Karla Garcia as Swing
- David Guzman as Swing
- Roddy Kennedy as Swing
- Gregory Haney as Swing
Character posters Edit
- In order to have the film receive a PG-13 rating rather than an R-rating, the word "fuck" is censored in both "Yorktown (The World Turned Upside Down)" and "Washington On Your Side".
- The film was largely promoted in the months leading to release as starring the "Original Broadway Cast" due to including all of the original principals, including Jonathan Groff (who had left the April before the show was filmed). However, Betsy Struxness and Emmy Raver-Lampman had both exited the production in March and April respectively, with their ensemble tracks covered by Hope Easterbrook and Elizabeth Judd. Struxness in particular was vocal about the mislabeling of the production, and received support from Javier Muñoz on Twitter.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.